Oxygen is the basic element for life, both for humans and plants, and all CO2 emissions pose a threat to air concentrations. We therefore pay attention to CO2 emissions throughout the entire production cycle:
– we are pushing and developing a project for the recovery of CO2, which is produced naturally by alcoholic fermentation;
– the use of solar and photovoltaic systems to generate thermal and electric energy; (photo) (see “FIRE” element for more details);
– in times where the electricity generated by our photovoltaic system is not sufficient to cover our needs, we rely exclusively on green electricity, “Energia Agricola a km 0”, which promotes savings in energy transport processes, the consistent reduction of CO2 emission and the reduction of pollution in the environment;
– reducing the weight of the bottles while it is clear that the weight of the bottle does not in any way affect the quality of the wine, it is clear that the weight of the glass has a significant impact on the CO2 emissions generated by transport, especially long-distance transport, and by the recovery and disposal processes;
– the use of recycled materials for packaging, especially glass and cardboard boxes;
– the use of the new eco-compatible NOMACORC GREEN LINE corks for all our wines (with the exception of our “Le Olle”, whose production regulations make natural corks compulsory): the patented composition of these ecological and recyclable corks is based on plant-based polymers obtained from sugar cane, a 100% renewable rresource.
The production of the compound used to make the cork therefore has a positive impact on the environment (i.e. it helps to absorb CO2 instead of producing it). Furthermore, the sugar cane used as raw material is grown in a socially responsible way, thus contributing to social sustainability.
Further information: www.vinventions.com/it/nomacorc